Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Re: Negative People

Ok, just a real quick rant before I head off to my lovely place of employment today.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FREAKING NEGATIVE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD?

I mean, seriously NASTY, MEAN people?

You know who I mean.  These nasty people get the ultimate joy from saying something mean and nasty to other people.  They couldn't say something nice if their sad life depended on it.

Two nights ago at work, I had two co-workers lash out at me.  My modus operandi in these kinds of situations is to shut up and retreat.  From this point going forward, they won't get the time of day from me.  I will steer clear of their grumpy temperaments in order to preserve my sanity and my smile.

What were these co-workers nasty about, you might like to know?

1) Because I took 1 minute (and not a second more) to feed a stray cat sitting by our door.  Someone else had taken it upon herself to take care of this cat, so I was just helping out.  God forbid I feed a poor animal and keep the nasty fellow employee 1 minute away from finishing her deposit and getting home.  From that point forward, she couldn't stop saying negative things such as "I wish one of the troopers would just shoot that stupid cat."

Which could lead me to my next rant of WHY IS THE WORLD IN A RACE TO GET SOMEWHERE??  Where is everyone going?  Did I miss out on the memo???  I even volunteered to finish counting out the other employees' deposits so said nasty employee could hurry up and go home, but regretfully she was nasty even further and stayed to help with deposits.  Ugh.  It's obvious to me she loves to complain about everything and anything.

Slow down and savor life I say.  Quit being in a hurry.  If half the people analyzed why they are in a hurry, I guarantee most of the time they would find there is no justified reason.

2) The second nasty is harder to explain in written text, but suffice it to say that another employee didn't count out my deposit correctly and being it's MY deposit, I questioned her.  What was I thinking, to actually question her?  Duh.  So, lash out at Susan #2.

Gee, I can't wait to go to work today.  I really hate to say this, but at least 1/3 of said employees are what I might term "losers".  They go to work and try to get by on the very least they can do in a shift.

Not my work ethic at all.  I bust my butt and do as much as I can, and I'm as friendly as I can possibly be ... within reason, of course, pending the other nasty people out there, LOL.

Ok, there's my rant for the day.  I guess I'm being rather negative myself, huh?  :-0

I really need to hit that lottery so I can avoid said nasty people.  Well, at least so I don't have to WORK with them.

What about you?  Any nasty people jump to the front of your mind?

4 comments:

  1. Boy did you hit the nail on the head!!! I have been asking these same questions for awhile now. Has manners became a thing of the past? Why does everyone seem so angry? And I agree that few take pride in their work anymore. Some may call me "old school" but I will continue with pride in what I do and smile and say "how are you today" and "thank you". I think there are some who need reminded of the golden rule of "do unto other's as you would have them do unto you". Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not being negative all all, just realistic. I deal with the same thing everyday - just stay as far away as you can from the negative, know some thrive on it an accept that they are happy being unhappy,and do what you have to do without putting in any extra time, especially if you aren't getting paid for the extra!

    Some days I don't know how I keep smiling but I do and I know you can too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an online business. I have updates twice a month. This morning I got the rudest email from someone I had sent a newletter to. She was berating me because I didn't list the time of my website update in my email and on my website homepage...just the day of the update. Why, because the update starts as soon as I wake up....I am up at 5:30 most days so why would I put the TIME. I take the password off the website and we are good to go. She wanted me to apologize for not being more contrite and thankng her for pointing out this egregious error(so SHE thinks). She was a total bitch and it started my day off on the wrong foot. On my worst day I would never dream of talking to someone like she did. So I know why you are perplexed by rudeness.It just doesn't come naturally to me...or you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Martha. Your coworker reminded me of my husbands coworker who wanted to take a bat and beat the brains out of a very old slow moving black lab that had been dumped and was homeless. That was actually how my husband learned that the dog wasn't that of an employee but had been dumped. I went and brought him home to live with us.

    Anyway, there are people (my ex is one) who takes great joy in bringing negativity into the lives of innocent folks around them. In fact he THRIVED on it, he was ... if I dare say it "happier" (which wasn't really happy) when he made someone else miserable.

    No, you didn't sound negative ... realistic, yes! I enjoyed your blog and plan on following it. (hope you don't mind!)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon. Admit it. We all have issues. :-)