Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Official: I Own Two Jobs Now :-\

I got the job at the hospital.  I'll be working a swing shift Monday through Friday - overlapping the day people with my Chargemaster duties and providing registration back-up for the emergency room in the late evening, leaving somewhere between ten and midnight; we'll reassess my hours after a few months have passed. 

I'll need to talk to my turnpike supervisor this weekend and make sure they are willing to work with me on the "weekends only" plan.

As soon as I figure out how I'm going to attack my debt, I'll be back to outline my plan here.  I need to get a few paychecks first to get a feel for what my monthly net is going to be.

I'm determined to stick to this 2-job thingie as long as I can physically and mentally do it.  I'll be coming up with positive, success-driven statements to keep me going. 

Such as...

Let the little things at home GO.  It's not going to be a perfect house and don't even attempt to make it so.

Don't be tempted to buy new things.  Pay off debt.  Stick to the plan.

Remember to be thankful I have the opportunity to have 2 jobs - many people can't even find ONE job.

If I find myself stressing out, becoming depressed, or feeling overwhelmed, request a weekend off from the turnpike.

And I'm sure I'll come up with more idioms, sayings, philosophies, mantras - whatever you want to call them - to keep myself going!

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon. Admit it. We all have issues. :-)