Friday, July 30, 2010

Fantasy Friday

I'm tired today.  

After working late last night, the dogs woke me early this morning... I helped the hubby load up the truck with a haul for Goodwill, and we ran other various errands while we were out and about... the Verizon store to get a new cell phone for him since he lost his earlier this week, then to Walmart for a few things, then to Braum's for some milk and lunch, and a final stop at the liquor store for hubby's beer.

I did dishes and cleaned up the kitchen after he left for work.  Made him a salad using some of my leftover chicken from lunch, so he has something to eat when he gets home after midnight.  Filled out the rebate for his phone and got it ready to mail. Created our MyVerizon account online and updated our MyCircle friends.

Then, after a few emails with my sister in California, I decided to sit back and fantasize a little bit by reading my latest issue of MaryJanesFarm magazine.


Truly, this is fantasizing at its height.  To model my life after MaryJane Butters would be far, far sweeter than being a Martha Stewart clone, who I never cared for anyway.
If you've never heard of MaryJane, then you really need to take a look at her empire.  Yep, she's got an empire.  Lucky farmgal that one.  

I'm officially jealous.

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm officially jealous too! Really jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that one - is it by subscription or did you just buy it at Walmart? Hey, if you have some that you're done with, we could have a contest with a magazine as a prize, and I could be the only contestant! (Just kidding)

    I'm always jealous when I read a lot of these magazines, of what 'they' seem to have that I don't. The green eyed monster, or the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, or why are they so lucky and I'm not? I used to have a subscription to Country Living, but let it run out as I knew I'd never have anything like they were featuring, even though there would be an idea here or there that I might be able to afford or copy to some extent.

    I'm going to go check out the empire now ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be a farm/ranch gal, but alas, it is never to be. Still, it gives me a warm feeling to read about others who have the life that I always longed for. Thanks for your posts. And hey, Suz, maybe you could blog for them as well and get paid for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a farm girl. Wish I had thought of all these money making ideas!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon. Admit it. We all have issues. :-)