Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Kitchen Table Rant

Does anyone else have this problem with their kitchen table??!

Yes, I'm starting small with my rants.  Just a messy kitchen table for my first real post.

We had a smallish kitchen table for a year or so, then we got this larger country farm table.  Seems it just gathers more "schtuff" since it's bigger.  And most of this stuff is my fault.  

Unread or half-read magazines - I really do have a hard time throwing magazines away.  I still keep them even after they are read.  You know, for reference. 

Books I'm reading...I just finished "Wicked" the other day, but as you can see, it still sits on the table. My work schedule calendar.  My glasses.  Mail.  Dog products. A broken dog collar. Binoculars that never seem to be "put away"... we are always hauling them back out of the closet to see something close-up... birds, wildlife, the neighbors working in their pastures.  Yeah, we can be nosy like that.

Ok, now that I've taken time out of my day to snap a photo, write a blog post and complain about it, I'm going to take the time to clean it up.  I think. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I hear ya about the kitchen table and what about the bar that the island? both of mine are full of rotating stuff!! both me and the husband "collect" stuff....ugh! and it seems to multiply while there.
    A thought for the binoculars, put a peg by the door or window that you use them the most at and hang them there in easy reach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have a "schtuff" spot somewhere in our house! Mine is a table at our side entry door, complete with hooks to hang hats, purse, backpacks, binoculars (hint hint) and baskets for mail, magazines, keys, wallets, etc - and the shredder next to it for getting rid of junk mail before the rest goes in the mail basket! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, for the hint re: hanging the binoculars. I have just the hook for it, on our back porch, but I have to clean it off first.

    Hmmm, two flashlights with burnt-out batteries, and a cowboy hat I've never seen the hubby wear in 2 years....

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least I don't see ant killer and weed killer on that table...that's where I keep my garden supplies so they're ready to exit out the back door or the front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same exact way with magazines. I have two stacks of magazines on the floor in the 'office'. Drives Hubs nuts!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon. Admit it. We all have issues. :-)